Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mood altering

These are supposed to be jokes, so please do not freak, Diary.

Cross a:

Newfoundland with a Basset Hound
Get a Newfound Asset Hound, a dog for financial advisors.

Malamute with a Pointer
Get a Moot Point...oh well, it does not really matter...

Collie with a Malamute
Get a Comute, a dog that travels to work with you.

Deerhound with a Terrier
Get a Derriere, a dog that is true to the end.

Bloodhound with a Labrador
Get a Blabador, a dog that incessantly barks.

So, anyway, picture yourself lying on your tummy on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal stream.

Now, picture yourself with both of your hands dangling in the cool, running water.

Birds are sweetly singing in the lovely mountain air.

No one knows your secret place.

You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the World.

The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

The water is so crystal clear that you can look down and easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.

Yeah, a joke, lighten up. :)

QUIETNESS
Rumi
Translated by Coleman Barks

Inside this new love, die.
Your way begins on the other side.
Become the sky.
Take an axe to the prison wall.
Escape.
Walk out like someone suddenly born into color.
Do it now.
You're covered with thick clouds.
Slide out the side. Die,
and be quiet. Quietness is the surest sign
that you've died.
Your old life was a frantic running
from silence.
The speechless full moon
comes out now.
  Yeah.  Blessed are those who are able and willing to love you for what you are instead of despising you for what you are not.  That is from me.

Well, I seem to have the dying part under control and am hoping that I can figure out the rebirth part before it is too late.

All I wanted was to live a decent life, be a good, honest and loving person and to be of service in the world, especially my little part of it.

And, it is not as though I was unaware of the people in my life who were more concerned about what I could do for them than just about anything else.

I saw them.

I see them.

And, I see that keeping them in my life kept me under their control and when I tried to break free, the consequences were greater and more horrible than I could ever envision.

I never saw that.

I see it now.

Just when you think that there are no more tears left, they flow from new wounds and old wounds that never really healed.

What was I thinking?


 In this new, huge divestment (the allegorical conflagration), I have been finding weird things.  The jokes at the beginning of this were two pages that I can now toss.

Another is a pewter Christmas ornament that one of my sisters sent to all of us siblings after another sister killed herself.

It reads:

Merry Christmas from Heaven

I love you all dearly,

Now don't shed a tear;

I'm spending my Christmas

With Jesus this year.

I do not think that I can toss this item, if only because it made me laugh again, just like it did when I first received it the mail.  Besides, it had a small raisin stuck to it...that must mean something, yes?  When I stop laughing, I will probably be going straight to hell, heck, I will probably be driving the bus there.

No comments:

Post a Comment