Tuesday, May 31, 2011

100 Days toward a healthier life - Day 24

Breakfast:  Eggs with jalapeno
Lunch: Japanese place, pork, vegetables, 4 sushi, lots of wasabi, pickled ginger, soft roll, sesame ball/plum, pineapple, watermelon, 3 lychee, 5 maraschino cherries, diet cola, tea
Dinner: 2 cuts from a veggie sub sandwich, 2 really nice dill pickle wedges, SunChips, 2 diet white soda

Not too bad for having to eat out twice today.  The best part is that there was no waste...yipee!!!  Not a single shred of eatable food was garbageized.  Yeah, not too bad.

Still, I ate more than I should be eating for losing lots of weight.  On the other hand, I am eating much less than I used to eat and it is all food that I will find myself eating for the rest of my life, most likely, except for the sub sandwiches.  They were the dinner provided to those of us who were conducting interviews for job placement in a grant sponsored youth summer green jobs employment program.  It has been happening for several years, but this is the second year that I have been involved.  I really like it.  I love it.  It is fun, useful and very satisfying. 

Tonight, as I left the building, my second to last interview candidate was outside, talking to his friends and I overheard him saying that he was feeling tense and was not smiling or able to relax in any way and that his interviewer talked to him about other things and helped him to be more comfortable and that he could feel himself smiling.  Then, he saw me and stopped, so I told him that he did just fine, really fine, and kept on walking.  Man, what a nice feeling to know that I helped him to survive his first job interview and that he actually learned something helpful from it.

A very long day, but nice.  The only problem is that it was not until I returned home at 10:30 p.m. that I realized that I had forgotten to toss a load of laundry in the machine before I left.  Now I have to wait until next Tuesday to do any laundry and I am so irritated, so pissed, so totally pissed at myself for forgetting. 

My memory for regular things is completely shot.  A few weeks ago I put a large, compartmented box of beads on the roof of my car so that I could unlock the damn thing and then drove off with the beads and some adhesive still on the car. 

I kept leaving my cane all over town and now I am clumsy as well.  I must have dropped or knocked down at least 6 or 7 things since I got home tonight.  First a bottle of shampoo, then the other bottle of shampoo, next a small box of paints and brushes, then the frying pan, then my bottle of water and finally 3 CDs on which I burned a radio program for a few of my clients.  O.K., that is 8 things.  Lordy.  By the end of the day, my close vision is completely shot.  Crappy vision sucks.

Throat and left ear still fluid-y or infected or some damn thing.  Whatever it is, I am losing interest.

Today's GP is kind of dumb, but I like it very much.  The fluid part got away from me and then it got blurry with no way to fix it.  It is named, How to play soccer:

No comments:

Post a Comment