Wednesday, May 25, 2011

100 Days toward a healthier life - Day 18

Breakfast:  Eggs
Lunch:  Roast beef sandwich, whole grain bread (homemade), lettuce, mild pepper rings
Dinner: Taco Taco

Today was one of my long days, 12+ hours working, so this will be short because I have to be up and out of the house by 4:30 in the morning.  Long story, boring.

By the time my day was finished, it was nearly 8:30 and I was starving.  Fine.  I was not actually starving, mostly because I have enough flab to keep a small village going for at least a couple of weeks, were they so inclined.

But, I was hungry.  Stunningly so, headache and everything.  It must be because there is absolutely no snacking or between meal eating going on here.  Had I had dinner at a reasonable time, all would have been well.  I stopped at McDonald's for a couple of the dollar menu cheeseburgers.  I love those little squashy burgers.  Thin meat, smashededy buns, fake cheese, all hot and greasy, oh, yum.  Took one bite and spit it out.  Took a bite of the other one.  Chewed a bit.  Swallowed.  Took another bite.  Spit it out.

Oh...my...god!!  I do not like them anymore, Sam I Am.  What the hell happened?  They were fine, just tasting the same as always, but having it in my mouth was revolting.  After that first swallow, even the smell of them made me queasy. 

Alas, poor squishy burgers, I knew and loved you well.  But, it is clear that you are not on my top taste hit parade anymore.  So sad.

So, I sat there, in the parking lot, looking at my bag of never to be eaten smasholiciousness-filled burger buddies.  But, I was still hungry and very far from my home, which, by the way, does not have any easily eaten foodstuffs anymore since I decided to go all healthy on myself.  After yesterday's mistakes in walking too much I knew that I could not just stop and get something quick at the market, especially if it needed any heating or cooking at all. 

So, I did the next best thing.  I went to Taco Taco, got two tacos and a small meat and bean burrito.  I have to say that I took the first bite with some trepidation.  Was this going to be a repeat of the blasted burger bungle?  The tension built, my stomach grumbled, my hand shook, dribbling bits of cheese and teeny-tiny chunks of tomato on my lap, or where a lap will be when I get more healthy-er. 

Finally, my headache could take no more and told me to just bite the bullet  taco, and I did.  It seems as though I have, at least temporarily, lost my taste for fast food.  However, I was able to eat the tacos and burrito.  I did not barf.  My tummy is happy, my head is slightly happy and I just took two antihistamines so that I can go to sleep soon.

Lordy.

Tonight's GP is, well, I am not sure what it is.  Kind of looks like an iris or something.  Maybe.  Has no name, though.  You know, now that I look at it, it sort of resembles the love child of an iris and a snapdragon.  Kind of creepy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment