Tuesday, May 24, 2011

100 Days toward a healthier life - Day 17

Breakfast:  Eggs
Lunch:  Japanese restaurant, whole bunch of vegetables, some pork, sushi, two chicken wing parts, fruit, diet cola
Dinner: Sushi, toast

All right.  It is always cheaper to eat at home than it is to eat where you show up, sit down (mostly), and eat food that someone else cooked or otherwise prepared.  Well, if you give them money, of course.

Except, today I spent less on eating out food than I would have for staying home food.  Yep.  Especially when you factor in how much food I throw away because I never get around to cooking the stuff.  Oh, the shame of it all!  Yep.

I kind of wondered if I would have any self control, but I did.  This place has sushi, of course, and they cook your food to order.  So, I gathered together the same, as in nearly, practically, almost exactly the same ingredients that I use at home for dinner many nights.  Cool.  Plus, I had nice fruit.  Plus, I had as much diet cola as I wanted.  Way cool.  Plus, I bought some extra sushi to bring home for dinner.

So, it was not all that bad, but sushi is much better freshly made.  Just saying.  Yep.  I have some left, in anticipation of taking it to work tomorrow for lunch.  Uh, I think not.  Man.  More wasted food for the trash.  Shame redux.  Argh.

Between mentoring, lunch, Walmart and groceries, I walked nearly all day.  But, I refused to take the cane.  I am stupid.  I did redeem myself by buying a decent keyboard...smarter...which I would not have needed if I had not tried to be frugal when buying the other one...back to stupid.

Let's see if Photobucket works tonight.  Named, well, it does not have a name.  Does not need a name.  It is only a pumpkin.  Yep.


Woo-hoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment